Tool Wrap ORTHEX Grip Kit
Industrial tools subject hands to dangerous levels of impact and vibration. The results can be disabling. Hand-Arm Vibration Syndrome, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, and Tardy Ulnar Nerve Palsy are just a few of the possible afflictionsthat can result. While these can rob employees of their health, they also rob companies of their productivity. ORTHEX® GRIP KIT are an effective and economical answer.
IMPACTO Kit includes: Viscolas® Visco-Elastic Polymer sheet 12" x 5", 18" heat shrink tube covering material for longer wear and an alternative wrap for closed-ended handle tools.
- Easy to apply method to reduce some of the vibration and shock from power and pneumatic tools
- Ideal for tools such as grinders, pneumatic chisels, jack hammers, drills, snders, nut runners, riveters, power hammers and other vibrating power tools
- Soft materials help the tool conform to the hand yielding a soft, comfortable gripping surface
#4711 - 1/4" inch thick
#4712 - 3/16" inch thick
#4713 - 1/8" inch thick
For small quantities these products can be purchased at www.viscolas.com.
VEPs are solids that mimic the behavior of liquids, which allows dissipation of shock waves better than any other material. The "solid-liquid" nature of VEP absorbs shock waves in all directions at once, reforming to its original shape at a rate that is slow enough so as not to exert outward pressure that could cause reverberations, but fast enough to regain its original shape before the next shock.
- In laboratory tests, VEP has proven its ability to absorb up to 500% more shock than foam of the same thickness
- The unique manner in which VEP dissipates impact energy, makes it an ideal material for the improvement of health and safety in industry and commerce
- VEP padding is positioned in or in combinations of multiple places on the hand: palm, back of hand, fingers, thumb web area
- VEP is also used for body protectors and cushions to dampen impact and vibration
- Typical thickness of gloves are 1/8” (3 mm) to provide excellent shock absorption and impact dissipation while allowing tactile feedback
- Also available in 3/16” (4.5 mm) and 1/4" (6 mm) thickness for specialty applications